The Town Council is working towards best practice with the new Transparency Code and as information becomes available it will be published here.
Parish and Town Councils have permissive powers to provide a wide range of services and facilities for their areas.
The extent of service provision will usually depend on the size of the town and its ability to find the necessary finance.
The Town Council sets an annual precept for its expenditure which is collected by Sevenoaks District Council as part of the council tax bill.
The Council’s accounts are audited annually both by internal and external auditors.
Documents relating to the Council's accounts are published below in compliance with the Transparency Code for Smaller Authorities:
- Annual Governance & Account Return 2017 -2018
- Annual Return 2018
- Notice of conclusion of Audit - for the year ended 31 March 2018
- Assets from 2017
- Good Councillors Guide
- Staff Structure
- Statement of Internal Control
- Swanley Town Council Salary Scale
- Annual Town Meeting Report 2016
- Swanley Town Council – Strategic Plan 2016
- Notice of conclusion of audit - Annual Return for the year ended 31 March 2017
- Annual Return 2017
- Annual Accounting Statement 2017
- Notice of Audit for Swanley Town Council - Accounts for the Year Ended 31st March 2016
- Annual Return 2015 / 2016
- Who Owns What - Updated May 2018