Supporting Swanley and South Darenth
In my part time role as a Co-op Member Pioneer I am here to help support the community in Swanley and South Darenth. This might be through:
1) Encouraging good causes to apply to the Local Community Fund and supporting former beneficiaries of the fund.
2) Promoting your events on our community noticeboards (just drop off your posters to the stores!)
3) Acting as a link to local good causes.
4) Providing drinks for events through my Tea and Coffee Library.
5) Asking store colleagues to help with an activity you are doing.
6) Providing small items from the store perhaps food for a party that you are doing or Fairtrade items.
This list is not exhaustive so please feel free to share your ideas.
It’s also likely that you have links into area that the Co-op might like to support and again, if you have any contacts it would be really helpful to know them.
My work email is email@example.com and I aim to check this weekly in term time. This is normally Tuesday evenings.
Ellenor Hospice Donation
On the 8th November Swanley & North Downs Lions Club presented the Ellenor Hospice team with a donation of £9,300. The money was raised at various fund raising events throughout the year including the annual Bluebell Walk, the Charity Golf Day and the ever popular ‘Bike around Brands’ cycling event in August. It was the second sum given by the club in the past twelve months.
In the attached photograph, left to right, are Claire Cardy, Ellenor Chief Executive, Lion President Bryan Harris, Fund Raising Chairman Lion Colin McRobert and Linda Trew, Ellenor Director of Income Generation.
Any publicity that you are able to give to this donation would be appreciated and would let those who contributed know the use to which their money was put.
If you would like any further information please contact me.
Colin McRobert MBE
Swanley & North Downs Lions Club
Volunteers needed for new Digital Den Club for anyone aged 8-11 at Swanley Library.
The sessions will include how circuits work; how to program robots; how to make a piano with bananas; and much more…
For more information phone 03000 413131 or email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit
Our mission is to lead and coordinate the best-personalised care for all ages, sharing our expertise to ensure that all families facing terminal illness get the right support in the best place possible, enabling them to make the most of the time they have.
Care is provided:
- For all ages, from the very young to the very old
- For all diagnoses – not just for cancer
- To support all needs, physical, practical and spiritual
- In all places, at home, hospital, care home or hospice
- To all concerned, patients, carers and families
If you feel you are able to volunteer and help this great charity, please click the button below to download the PDF with details of different roles which are available.